Introduction to Interactive Internet for Business
The Interactive Internet Certificate program provides a course of study for those seeking to better understand and utilize the fundamentals aspects of the 21st century internet for business, employment and advancement. This program is also designed to serve working professionals and small, medium and micro business owners who are seeking to utilize the Internet to create or grow their business or work.
The certificate program is designed to enhance skills, employability and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Who Should Attend
Participants with the desire to learn about technology and business as it relates to the 21st century internet. Student or adult learners would be anyone associated with or preparing to be associated with, a small or medium business that would manage the interactive internet activities in whole or in part. Recognizing that these duties may be 'hybrid' with other business skills the goal of the certificate is to emphasize management '('strategy, contract administration, vendor management, project management')' as well as hands on internet skills '('website development, metrics, social media use...')'. While this preparation is equally advantageous for those entering large business, the structure of interactive internet jobs in large business are more segregated by classic departments.
This course requires interactive participation outside of the classroom. The course begins and ends on a specific date, textbooks are required. There is interaction between the students and the instructor, in class and on the internet and the equivalent level of academic rigor and credit applied.
This is an entry level course which requires motivation to learn and apply new business and technology knowledge.
Cognitive & Skill Objectives
This course is cognitive and skills oriented. Competency is demonstrated by mastery of the cognitive content and the technical skills described in the Cognitive & Skills Objectives section of this syllabus. Each student will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Understanding of Interactive Internet learning objectives.
- Understanding of basic technology processes.
- Understanding of basic web/digital media channels and necessary tools and applications.
- Understanding of various aspects of media and strategy used with the Internet.
- Familiarity with locating course-related information on the internet.
The course consists of thirteen learning modules. Total number of classroom instructional hours is 42. The breakout of Face-to-Face time for each module is listed in the table on page 29. Modules consist of assignments that include:
- Critique of web material
- Current topics research
- Writing exercises and case study work
Upon completing the certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the principles of the 21st century internet to their work, business and lives.
- Evaluate applications, tools and devices of the 21 century internet through the use of sound business principles.
- Demonstrate application of appropriate technologies to various business growth areas or challenges.
- Outline various strategies employed in web media and mobile applications.
- Display sound business behaviors in evaluation and implementing business technologies.